28 May 2010

Blogadda contest (travel photos)

So, blogadda has this contest of posting 5 of your travel photos : http://blog.blogadda.com/2010/05/26/travel-photos-contest-indian-bloggers-photographers which I thought was quite interesting. As they have said, a photo is surely worth many words. Now, im not sure if the photos I have taken are worth any words or not (;) ) but nevertheless, im participating.
I have to pick 5 photos (only) which i took while travelling on vacations and put a description for each one.
So following are my picks:
1)

Title: Reflections

The above snap was taken at a very nondescript lake 10 minutes from my place in Boston. This remains one of my favourite snaps till now for may reasons. I have spent some good memories by this lake, and it always reminds me that I am closer to home! It is also a place I go to when I need to spend some lone time with myself..to organise (or maybe to dis-organise) my thoughts!! Its by no means a tourist spot, infact the lake is surrounded by dead tree trunks as seen in the pic, but it surely adds to the place's charm.

2)

Title: Welcome to Florida!!


This snap was taken (as the title says) in Florida (more specifically, at Key Largo) during my 5 days vacation last year. The snap, in my opinion looks like a (perfect?) Florida postcard, with Florida (or for that matter any beach side place) trademarks of palm trees, thatched huts, clear blue skies and oh yes, the water!! Florida, apart from giving ample opportunities to try some awesome water sports and adventures, proved to be a photographer's paradise!

3)

Title: chow time!


This snap is from 2008 summer when my parents were visiting me in Boston, and I had taken them to visit the Nantucket island which is 1 hour ferry ride from Cape Cod. As much fun as I had shooting (erm, with my camera, of course ;)) the birds, it was more fun to actually watch the ferry passengers feed the birds with cake and other edibles. Looked like party time for the birds! This one bird was brave enough and kind enough to oblige me by coming close to the lady's hand, so that I could take this shot! Thanks for posing for me, birdie!! :)

4)
Title: a sunny paradise!



This was taken at Lake Tahoe during my trip to Tahoe and Yosemite last year. Though we were at Tahoe for only a day, it was enough time for me to appreciate Tahoe's beauty. A perfect vacation spot for both summer and winter. I really did struggle a lot for this snap in order to get the sand, the lake, the mountains and the sky all in one shot. All I had to do was lie flat on the sand (which was super hot due to the bright sun), keeping my camera at ground level and take the shot. Though on the downside, some sand particles somehow entered into the crevices of the camera and I had a lot of trouble getting them out! But, it was worth all that ! :)

5)

Title: Love birds


This one was taken sometime back in Miami. Well I literally had to sacrifice my sleep for this one!! We wanted to catch the sunrise on the Miami beach, and so ended waking up at 5 in the morning (which is like midnight for me!!). My grumpy mood due to the lack of sleep was soon replaced with pure awe when I saw the sunrise. It was SO beautiful! Maybe because I was seeing the sunrise after ages!! ;) . There were many birds on the beach, and I wanted to take their silhouettes against the fire-lit morning skies with their vibrant colours. So again, I was flat on the beach, with the camera pointed a little upwards to get the dark ground, providing a good contrast to the orange skies. And the birds were kind enough to share their private moments with me :)

Well, thats my small contribution to the contest. So go ahead and take it up yourself!! It is a lot of fun choosing and describing the snaps.
The contest is organised by:
and

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice pictures, all the best for the contest.

Anonymous said...

best of luck!

Richa said...

Hey Neha! Didn't know you have a blog too! Great pics. Love the Florida beach one as well as the reflections. Nicely done.

All the best for the contest...

Nishant Singh said...

All your pictures are so pretty!!! Best of luck girl :)

SimplyFly said...

Nice pics... good work!

Nightflier said...

love all the pics!
a big fan of your photography :)

Swaram said...

The 3rd and 5th r simply beautiful :)

Rajlakshmi said...

awwww those are awesome awesome snaps ... absolutely coollll :D

AD said...

Great pictures! The 'love birds' are beautiful. Good luck.

Mansi said...

Beautiful pictures!! :) hope u win the contest!!

Neloy B said...

Beautiful pictures. Love them all. Wish you all the best for the contest.
Regards
Neloy

~ Lopa said...

Congrats on winning...when i went through your post..i knew you were going to win, your post deserved it.
Many Congratulations :)

Nishant said...

Congratulations there! :D

Namita Chandra said...

Great pictures congrats

Nimmy said...

Really good pictures..

Shankha said...

One word! "Awesome"! Congrats for winning!

Mahesh Aadhya Kalal said...

d pics do deserves the win....
awesome :)

Manikanth. P. said...

The pics are really awesome and ur description is quite natural and appealing. Congrats Neha on winning the contest ... one can see the pain u took for taking each of that wonderful photo ... ur post and photos deserve it !

Regards,
Manikanth. P.
insights2day.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photographs!! Congratulations!! Loved the bird picture with the lady's hand (in the ferry) the best! :)

Megha said...

Congrats. Beautiful pics :)

Neha said...

sorry for the late reply guys (was on a vacation), but thanks for stopping by and commenting!

Cartographer said...

Good ones there..I am sure some pics are going to be bumped off for the Alaska pics

Priya said...

Lovely pictures :)
Congrats on the win!

Bikram said...

beautiful pics .. and congratulations on winning the contest ...

durga said...

Lovely indeed! Congrats on winning!