07 December 2007

i was truly happy this moment!!

For no particular reason I remembered a state of mind I was in few months back, and thought I should pen it down.
The feeling, or rather the state of mind im talking about is being happy for no particular reason….this happens rarely in my case….il be happy if I do something good, good work, read a good book, have a good conversation with someone or something similar….(that doesn’t mean im unhappy the remaining times, il just be kind of neutral)…..
Well, being a rare occurance, I remember that feeling with entire clarity….
The venue: 15th street in Troy….well this particular day I was as usual walking back from my lab after a moderate kind of accomplishment in my ‘research’….my friend who generally used to accompany me back home had decided to stay back longer in his lab…so It was just me, walking alone down the 15th street….i passed the student union on the 15th street, where some student band was practicing somewhere….an OK kind of music they were playing, and the notes were just drifting delicately with the breeze….the air was kinda pleasantly warm, with a soft breeze blowing against my face….and all of a sudden I got this rush in me…in my mind my heart…and I got this sudden bounce in my stride…I was surprised…why was I feeling suddenly so happy….without any reason….apparently…..I felt awesomely light headed…a feeling a child would get perhaps when it sees something for the first time, gets fascinated with it, and has no means or nobody to express its fascination with….the kind of excitement when the excitement has no outlet, and it just kind of grows synergically inside you…..i got something similar kind of feeling…only difference was I had seen/witnessed nothing fascinating at that moment….

I guess this kind of happiness, independent of anything/ anyone is the one that is actually known as ‘happiness’…doesn’t it just come to us?...does one really ‘need’ to pursue happ’y’ness?? Should one run behind things searching for happiness in them? Why cant we be happy just for the heck of it? …yes the happiness which can neither be created nor destroyed….the one which is within us…it just has to (re)-surface, but without the help of anything or anybody…

4 comments:

Cartographer said...

You are seeing too many movies..!Or else Boston temperatures are nearing 0 F

Neha said...

well, things shown in movies are totally contradictory to the point of the post! so i guess its the temperatures:)

Unknown said...

Neha! you will experience this kind of happiness if you give happiness to others! Belive me.

Neha said...

@vidya(whoever you are!)...
it means you didnt understand the post at all...happiness is not about giving and taking...i cant "give" happiness to anyone, nor can anyone 'make' me happy...each one has to make themselves happy, rather than expecting others to give the happiness..