29 July 2008

no time for a title

For some reason, iv always, even as a child, been fascinated by heights, the vast expanse of oceans or rather 'vast-ness' of things in general...
i get this high, the 'adrenaline-rush' in me whenever i see the world from the top, like seeing the entire LA sprawled in front of my eyes when the tallest roller-coaster in six flags, LA reached its pinnacle, seeing boston from the skywalk observatory, and realising for the first time how beautiful the city is!! seeing new york from the empire state building...for me, these moments leave a special mark in my mind...more than the after effects, its that momentary thrill i get...more than the visual sight, its the feeling i remember when i think of these places.
I even find a weird sense of crazy joy when i go as far as i can into the ocean and stare at the unending expanse, the uncluttered view and stare at the thin line that connects the water and the sky, i somehow feel very powerful from within at these moments yet realising how powerful the nature is, and how meek we are in front of it. i may be totally at nature's mercy at these moments, but i feel like a person who is riding the tsunami!! The trip to the grand canyon was another exhilerating experience. I feel there is nothing 'beautiful' about the grand canyon other than a display of what nature can do...it completely bowled me over...looking at the symmetric patterns carved into the earth!!...and its HUGE!!
Why is it that i always get these thoughts, some random ramblings when i have some work to do? The stuff i am working on at the moment has reached a point when "dava ki nahi, dua ki jaroorat hoti hai". The workload pressure surely stimulates my blog-writing-hormones!!
erm, back to my work, music coming in through my headphones: Dhingana's top 10 list.

No comments: